Did YOU KNOW?

Russia Owns 11% of the earth’s total landmass!

With a population of 1,420,062,022 and 1,368,737,513. China and India may have the first and second  largest populations in the world respectively, but geographically, Russia is the largest country in the world with Canada coming in at second place. With just a population of 143,895,551, the geographic territory of Russia covers a whooping 17,098,250 square kilometres, bigger than the entire continent of Antartica, and almost as large as the whole of South America! With a land area of 16,376,870 Km² (6,323,142 mi²), equivalent to 11% of the total world’s landmass of 148,940,000 Km² (57,510,000 square miles).  So yes, Russia really owns 11% of the earth’s total landmass, leaving just 89% for the rest of the world (about 195 countries) to share.

Kwame Sektor

Web Designer and Developer | [email protected] & wetaya.com |Interested in anything Tech. Life is all about 0’s and 1’s. It’s a binary world👍🏽

Related Articles

Back to top button