Did you know that you can now link your National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) card to your Ecowas Identity Card (Ghana card)?
The National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) and the National Identification Authority (NIA) have successfully deployed the Ghana card integration onto the National mobile renewal platform.
What this means is that Ghanaians with the Ghana card and the NHIS card can now use their mobile phones to link the two cards. Thus, upon completion, you can use the Ghana card in place of the NHIS card.
Check out the 7 easy steps to link the two cards below.
1. Dial the shortcode *929# on your mobile phone
2. Select option 4 (Link Ghana Card)
3. Enter your 13-digit Ghana Card Identification number (GHA *************)
4. Verify that the numbers are correct and then press Send
5. Enter your 8-digit NHIS identification number
6. Verify that the numbers are correct and then press Send
7. Wait for a confirmation message that the operation was successful