In his 7th address to the nation, the president of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo has announced that the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Ghana has increased from 834 to 1,042.
He also said the partial lock-down which lasted for 3 weeks has been lifted, but cautioned that that the fight against the virus is not over, and thus all should endeavor to keep upholding or practice the safety protocols.
Highlights of the state address
- Lockdown lifted.
- Compulsory face masks
- COLA for Civil/Public Servants
- Reduction in cost of internet data
- Enhanced contact tracing and testing.
- LEAP support to the vulnerable via Momo
- Ban on public gathering extended for some weeks.
- Demurrage and rent charges on freights at seaports waived.
- Essential workers brackets expanded.
- Markets restrictions relaxed a bit.
- Stimulus package to businesses expanded.